Not only do I love this time of year because of all of the holidays and festivity, but I also love the clothing and trends related to the fall/winter seasons.
My favorite this year: buffalo plaid
..Or buffalo check, whichever you prefer..
This print is nothing new or ground-breaking, but I absolutely will forever and always love the look it gives. I think it provides the perfect amount of that lived-in, lumberjack grudge, while still feeling (and looking) ultra festive and winter wonderland-esque. I also think that when styled correctly, it ties in really well with feminine flare (see skirt below). Oh, and did I mention how much I love it on home furnishings too??
What can I say, I’m somewhat obsessed.
With all this in mind, here is a small compilation of a few bits and pieces of buffalo plaid that I’m totally loving this holiday season.
1. This skirt couldn’t be any more darling.
2. Love the idea of tossing this throw blanket over a dark leather couch.
3. Madewell does it right with this classic print in a classic shape.
4. I love the idea of this collarless coat paired with a white tank, boyfriend jeans, and black pumps.
5. The sweetest mini appetizer plates, perfect for festive dinner parties/gatherings.