Everyone who knows me well, knows that I’m obsessed with skincare/makeup… and that I am a confessed Francophile.
When I went to Paris in 2012, I brought a list with me of several French skincare items that I had to have, and went scouring at least 10 different Parisian pharmacies to find each item. And I have since found a few other French beauty items that are just as worthy of a cult following — as if I needed more excuses to spend all my money on skincare!
Each product holds up to its hype, and I am sad to say that I am out of/need to repurchase most of them. But I wanted to spread the love by sharing with you a few of my favorite French beauty items, in no particular order, for no one particular skin type.
1. Biafine – The most amazing moisturizer. Put it anywhere on the body that needs some extra love. It has a slight floral fragrance, and just feels like it’s good for your skin when you put it on.
2. Nuxe Reve de Miel Body and Face Wash ** – So nourishing (with honey), but does an impeccable job taking off makeup as well. I don’t know that I’ll ever be able to use another face wash — this is definitely my “holy grail”.
4. Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm ** – Thanks to Lisa Eldridge for introducing me to this product. This lip balm is incredible. Leave it on overnight and wake up to soft, supple lips.
5. Sudocrem – This isn’t French, but it’s European, so I threw it in the mix anyway. This is great for burns, scrapes, rashes, and all those bumps and lumps we hate. It smells pretty medicinal, but I quite like that. I put this on any kind of razor burn, and sometimes use it overnight on the occasional breakout.
6. Nuxe Dry Oil ** – This multi-purpose oil smells as good as it works. Put this on the ends of your hair, on your face, or all over your legs after you shave — it’s pretty great.
** These items can be found at Mistral Boutique in San Diego **
[Disclosure: I did not take these pictures, I gathered them from different Creative Commons involved websites.]