With Mother’s Day coming up, I wanted to make my own little gift guide, since I always love finding inspiration for gift-giving from others. Whether it’s your own mom you’re buying for, or a good friend who is a brand new mom, it’s always wonderful to celebrate the women who give us the gift of life, unconditional love, and everything in between.
These are just a few different ideas for your next Mother’s Day gift, all keeping with the theme of sweet, simple, and thoughtful. (P.S. Mom, if you’re reading this, I love you!)
1. Cooking Spices: For those moms who love to cook, or are maybe just learning, a hand-picked set of spices is a thoughtful sentiment, and is also super practical. Make sure to make it personal and pick out the spices based on the cuisines you know they like.
2. Diptyque Rosamundi: I’ve already mentioned this candle once on my blog, but I actually love it that much. I think this would be an awesome Mother’s Day gift, a) because it is so sophisticated and feminine and b) it’s pink — how perfect! If you know someone who loves roses, I highly recommend giving this candle as an indulgent little treat.
3. Coffee table book: This is something that not all women may buy for themselves, but most all would appreciate. I was inspired to include this in my guide after Emily Schuman’s post showcasing her favorite choices. Each book is so unique and aesthetically beautiful. I thought one of them (particularly #’s 3, 5, and 12 on her list) would be a wonderful Mother’s Day gift: either on it’s own or maybe paired with a candle to sit alongside it.
4. Nike Free 5.0+ Running Shoes: For that mom in your life who enjoys a good run/jog/walk/work out. A nice pair of running shoes isn’t something that all moms have the time to pick out for themselves, so it can make for a perfect gift. This color combo is super girly, but there’s pretty much a color for all style preferences.
5. Nuxe Dry Oil: This product is divine. When I was in Paris, the pharmacist told me “every French woman has this in her medicine cabinet”, so it has to be good right? Aside from that marketing cloy, this oil smells super fresh and light, and leaves your skin wonderfully hydrated with a pretty, subtle sheen.
6. Tea: This is easily one of the best teas I’ve ever had, and I would recommend it to anyone. This would be perfect for the avid tea drinker, and would be cute paired with a little tea steeper and/or a coffee mug. [Thank you to Cafe Ipe for first introducing it to me!]
7. Pacifica Body Lotion in ‘French Lilac’: This product is heavenly. It’s intoxicating floral fragrance is ultra-feminine, and the formulation is beautiful for the price! You could pair it with the roll-on perfume from the same line and make a cute little gift set with a bouquet of lilacs or cute pair of purple panties.