I always have, and always will, have a think for a classic preppy, nautical look. Think: stripes, red & navy, ropes, gold accents, lighthouses, anchors, straw hats, denim, etc.
I feel like whenever spring and summer roll around, the nautical trend is just that much more appealing. I truly don’t think you can go wrong with a red & white striped tee and some jean shorts. So with that in mind, I wanted to make another type of inspiration board, filled with just a few simple pieces in my closet that are reminiscent of the nautical look that I think is just perfect for this time of year.
1. A light scarf for summer with a fun anchor print.
2. & 3. Big, chunky gold necklaces to dress up a casual t-shirt.
4. A striped crop top that looks just as fun with jean shorts as it does with black high-waisted pants from here.
5. Perfect nautical-esque maxi beach cover-up from here.
6. Nine West wedges with rope & gold details.
7. Kate Spade wallet — classic & chic, yet playful enough to throw in a canvas tote.
8. A sheer, loose blouse with a playful, sailor-inspired bow from here.